A few days ago, I was looking through my photo album and reminiscing. I ran across a picture of my mom while she was in California in the 60s. She had on this awesome dark peacoat with her hair flipped up, and I have to say she looked very Jackie O. 🙂 That wasn’t unusual for her. Her fashion sense was always impeccable.
A few weeks from now will be the fifth anniversary of my mom’s passing. I never imagined I would lose her while I was in my 30s. She was a force larger than life, and to me – even though you know there will come a time when you won’t have your parents anymore – she still had this air of immortality. I think of her everyday and am still trying to adjust to not being able to talk to her.
Needless to say, that photo inspired today’s look. I have to say, it’s become one of my favorites. Special thanks to my sissy, Sungyoung, for turning me on to House of Fox for the purse. As I have told her before, she’s a walking fashion thesaurus and happens to be very, very bad for my wallet 😉 Case in point: I walked in there just looking for a purse, and ended up walking out with a few more things including a landmark so that I can come back for more. Smh. Although, I did get eventually get her back… it did make me feel a little better that she saw my gladiator boots that I picked up from ISON at Collabor88 and immediately ran to get them. [/me grins evilly :D]
I miss you, Mommy ❤
- Peacoat: GIZZA | Trench coat in Beige (mesh)
- Hair: Clawtooth | A LittleLlift in Coco (mesh)
- Boots: ISON | Lace Up Gladiator Sandals in Brown (mesh) (Slink add-on) (Collabor88)
- Purse: House of Fox | Steffani Lux Tote in Red (mesh)
- Sunglasses: RYCA | SUNGLASSES PR25N Color
- Lips: MOCK | Sahne Lip Crème in Vin Rouge and Mahogany
- Nails: Jamman | Ultra Rigged Mesh Nails (mesh)
- Ring: Epoque | Metal Petal Ring in Obsidian/Gold (mesh)
Pose by Agapee Runway Poses, agp_F11